- A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete
- In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were
real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha
Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
- It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just
a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in
it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
- You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
- Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to
learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their
apparent disinclination to do so. ("Last Chance to See")
- Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground
- The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
- We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!
- We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything
you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
It is an important and popular fact that
things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet
Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than
dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars
and so on -- whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in
the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always
believed that they were far more intelligent than man -- for precisely
the same reasons.
- A committee is a group who individually can do nothing but,
together can decide that nothing can be done.
Arafat, Yasir (PLO leader)
- (On going to war over religion) "You're basically killing each
other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
- Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope,
Patience with God is Faith.
- The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
Edison, Thomas Alva
- To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
- Result! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several
thousand things that won't work.
- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Eddy, Mary Baker
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures
- The highest prayer is not one of faith merely; it is
- We must form perfect models in thought and look at them
continually, or we shall never carve them out in grand and noble lives.
- Practice not profession, understanding not belief, gain the ear
and right hand of omnipotence and they assuredly call down infinite
- Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true,
and you will bring these into your experience proportionably to their
occupancy of your thoughts.
The People's Idea of God- It's Effect on Health and Christianity
- ...our ideas of divinity form our models of humanity.
Message to the Mother Church, June 1901
- The individual who loves most, does most...
The Mary Baker Eddy Collection
- The wisdom of the wise is not as much expressed by their lips as
by their lives.
- Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that
- The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
You are welcome to visit my (Nate's) home
or you can e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last modified on March 19, 2005.